- Model NO.: Food Grade
- Packaging Material: Paper
- Shelf Life: >12 Months
- Application: Meat, Drinks, Flour Products, Condiment, Jelly/Ice Cream, Baked Goods
- Einecs: 200-289-5
- Trademark: Hugestone
- Specification: FCCIV/FAO/Q-AFFOO3-2005
- HS Code: 39131090
- Certification: BRC, ISO, FDA, HACCP
- Storage Method: Normal
- Main Active Ingredient: Propylene Glycol Alginate
- CAS: 56-81-5
- HS No.: 39131090
- Transport Package: 25/Kg Bag
- Origin: Shandong
Food Additive Propylene Glycol Alginate
Propylene Glycol Alginate PGA
natural source of food additive
good choice of emulsifier, stabilizer and thickener in food
CBH -- Propylene Glycol Alginate is an ester of Alginic Acid
, which is derived from kelp. It is white to yellowish brown filamentous, grainy, and can be in both granular and powdered forms.
PGA is known as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and thickener used in food industry.
1. Hydrophily: easily soluble in water and forming a viscous solution, mainly used as thickeners, emulsifiers ans stabilizers in food industry;
endurance: PGA can keep its properties in the acid solution of pH 3~5, so PGA can be widely used in fruit juice;
3. Emulsibility and foaminess, can be used in yogurt, dressings and stablizing foam in beer.
PGA is an excellent food additive derieved from algae, and can be widely used in both food and pharmaceutical field due to its unique properties.
Besides the thickening function, PGA is also a surfactant due to the amphiphilic structure. PGA doesn't form a gel with polyvalent metal, therefore, it is stable with metal.
1. In Food Application:
1) as a thickener, stabilizer and emulsifier in yogurt and ice cream, the addition of PGA can make the product soomth and improve the mouthfeel;
2) as a stabilizer and emulsifier in cheese, PGA makes cheese puffing and emulsifying well, the mouthfeel is smooth;
3) as a foam stabilizer in beer, PGA can improve and maintain the foam levels;
4) as a dispersant and emulsifier, PGA is acid stable, therefore, it canbe used in all kinds of fruit juice, which can keep the beverage uniform;
5) as texture improver, PGA can be used in flour, noodles and instant foods;
6) furthermore, PGA can be also used in ketchup, sauce, syrup, etc.
2. In Pharmaceutical Application:
PGA can be used as a stabilizer for X-ray contrast agent, a protective agent for gastrointestinal mucosa, and a raw material for cosmetics.
Contact us if you need more details on Propylene Glycol Alginate. We are ready to answer your questions on packaging, logistics, certification or any other aspects about Food Grade Propylene Glycol Alginate、PGA Propylene Glycol Alginate. If these products fail to match your need, please contact us and we would like to provide relevant information.
Product Categories : Food Thickeners